Skip to Content

College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management

Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Degree

The College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management follows the University policy for admission of a student to an accelerated program. Under this plan, students reduce the time necessary to earn both degrees by applying up to 12 hours of graduate credit to each of our undergraduate and graduate program requirements. 

The accelerated bachelor's / master's degree program allows UofSC undergraduates to take up to 12 hours of course work (at 500-level or higher) and receive both undergraduate and graduate credit for those hours. This makes it possible for students who are admitted into any graduate program in the College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management to earn a master’s degree in a shorter term than the traditional term of study.

Who should consider enrolling in the program? 

Anyone who is thinking about getting a master’s degree in one of the college's programs!

Who is eligible? 

Eligible undergraduate students must have completed at least 90 hours of undergraduate coursework, and must have a minimum GPA of 3.4 (overall as well as in their undergraduate major). Students are also required to obtain the approval of their undergraduate advisor, the graduate director of the relevant program, the dean of the Graduate School, and the instructor for each course to be taken. Your academic advisor can help you with securing these signatures.

Will I have to write a thesis? 

The accelerated bachelor's / master's program offers two options — thesis / non-thesis. Participating in the accelerated bachelor's / master's degree program does not commit you to writing a thesis.

How do I participate in the program? 

Admission to the accelerated bachelor's / master's degree program does not require application or admission to a graduate program, nor does it guarantee admission to a graduate program. (A student wishing to be formally admitted to a graduate program applies to that program through the regular graduate admission process.)

Two forms must be completed and approved prior to registering for classes: i) the Plan Authorization form (G-BGPA) and ii) the Course Work Authorization form (G-BGCA). The required signatures should be obtained in the order indicated on the forms. The forms must be processed at the time of registration in order for the Office of the Registrar to properly code the student for enrollment in a graduate course. The forms may not be used retroactively for courses already taken or for courses in which the student is currently enrolled.

Undergraduate Internship Requirement

The accelerated bachelor's degree program requires two internship experiences prior to graduation. The first experience can be any job in the industry of your major, and is typically taken during your sophomore year. Your second experience — generally completed during your junior or senior year — is your opportunity to take on more responsibility in a managerial or supervisory position, so you will graduate with leadership experience already under your belt.

Apply Now

To learn more about the application process, visit our Apply page.

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.