RETL 592/HRTM 590
Ttip Dates: May 20 – 28, 2021
Join us for an eight-day immersion in Florence, Italy — epicenter of culture and birthplace
to some of the world’s most prestigious brands. Take in the rich heritage and splendor
of the iconic city that Michelangelo, Ferragamo, Pucci and other notables called home,
as you learn about luxury management from a retailing and hospitality perspective.
Led by expert faculty from UofSC, this unique program provides a life-changing international
experience as you study, first-hand, the business of luxury from a cross-disciplinary
- 20 hours of on-site instruction from international luxury management experts
- Daytrips to Tuscan winery, Castillo Banfi, and the luxury automaker Lamborghini
- Visits to Gucci Gardens, the St. Regis, Ferragamo, and the Uffizi Museum
- Behind-the-scenes tours of The Leather School and a private fashion company, walking
- And much more!
Program Fees Include:
- Live lectures from luxury brand experts
- Entrance to scheduled events, venues and museums listed on final itinerary
- In-country transportation to Castillo Banfi and Lamborghini museum
- Accommodations based on multiple occupancy
- Meals: daily breakfast, two group meals
In addition to the program fee, you must register for RETL 592 or HRTM 590 for the
Maymester/Summer 2021 semester. Airfare to/from Florence, Italy, tuition, $150 Study
Abroad fee, entertainment and excursions not listed on itinerary, gratuity, and baggage
and personal expenses are not covered.
Please complete your application with the Study Abroad office prior to March 1. For more information about this trip and to apply, visit the Study Abroad website.
Unless UofSC cancels travel due to Covid-19 or unforeseen events, deposit and payment
for program fees are non-refundable.
Trip cost: $3,950.
Non-refundable deposit of $1,975:
Due by December 1, 2020
Remaining payment of $1,975:
Due by February 1, 2021.
*All visits on itinerary subject to change based on availability.
Payment link for Luxury Management in Florence, Italy, coming soon.