Psi Beta: USCL Chapter
Psi Beta is a national honors society for undergraduate students with an interest in psychology. Membership to this society is an honor and carries with it the benefit of eligibility for national awards. Dr. Kate Holland is currently the Primary Advisor for the USCL chapter of Psi Beta. Dr. Mark Coe is also an advisor for Psi Beta. They routinely induct highly motivated undergraduate students into Psi Beta each semester. Below are the criteria that must be met to qualify for induction into Psi Beta:
- You have completed a college psychology course with a grade of B or higher. (3.0 or higher for major GPA)
- You have completed 12 units of college coursework with a cumulative college GPA of
3.0 or higher, or your GPA is within the top 35% of GPAs at your college.
- You have an interest in psychology.
- You have good standing in the community.
- You pay a $50 one time, lifetime fee.
In the past, the faculty advisors have obtained funding to assist qualified students in paying the induction fee. For more information on Psi Beta membership, click on the following link: http://psibeta.org/site/