Every USCL student is automatically assigned a username
to login to the USCL Campus Network from any campus computer. If
you do not know your USC Network Username/Password combination
(or if you have forgotten your password), follow the instructions
below. (You may do this at an off-campus computer or at the
computer located at Medford Library's front desk which does
not require a campus login to use.)
What is my Network Username?
Your Network Username is a combination of your first and last
names, and it may also include your middle intial and/or numbers.
It can be anywhere from three to eight characters. You will use
it to access your university e-mail, university wired and wireless
networks, and Blackboard.
How do I set or reset my Network Username password?
- Navigate in your browser to my.sc.edu.
- In the Students tab, under the Personal section,
click View my IDs and manage my passwords.
- If prompted, log in using your VIP ID and password.
- You will come to a page that says, “Your USC Identifiers.”
- Locate your Network Username. It should be the second item
listed on this page.
- To the right of your Network Username, click Manage
- Enter a new password in the first box, and retype it in the
second box to confirm.
- Click the Set Password button.
- You will receive a confirmation message upon successfully resetting
If you receive errors (either when looking up your
username or setting the password), please carefully record the
error message and code and contact the UTS Service Desk at (803)
777-1800, Monday through Friday,
8 am - 6 pm, or submit an online