Every USCL student is automatically assigned a username
to login to the USCL Campus Network from any campus computer. If
you do not know your USC Network Username/Password combination
(or if you have forgotten your password), follow the instructions
below. (You may do this at an off-campus computer or at the
computer located at Medford Library's front desk which does
not require a campus login to use.)
- Open “Internet
Explorer” or your preferred browser.
- If you do not know your VIP PIN or have forgotten it, browse
to or type in this address: http://registrar.sc.edu/html/faq/newPIN.stm
Follow the directions on that page for setting your PIN for VIP
- Type in address: vip.sc.edu (no WWW).
- Click on Login.
- Click on Continue.
- Log-in screen: Type in social security number (no dashes).
- Tab: Type in your VIP PIN.
- Click on Login.
- You are now on the main menu page.
- Click on the Technology link.
- Click on Show Me Network Username. Your USC Network
Username will be displayed and you will be prompted to choose
your password. You must type in the password twice to verify
- Click on the SET PASSWORD button to set your new password.
Legal passwords can be a minimum of 5 characters and a maximum
of 14. They can contain any alphanumeric character (A-Z/0-9)
and the $ sign. Case doesn't matter. Your password will expire
every six months, or six months from the last time you re-set
or change it.
If you receive errors from VIP (either when looking up your username
or setting the password), please carefully record the error message
and code and contact the Computer Services HelpDesk, (803) 777-1800
or https://cshelpdesk.csd.sc.edu to
place a support ticket for problem resolution. Please supply
your username and USC ID (SSN) when placing the ticket.